Albatross is aproperty on a narrow headland jutting out into the ocean with breath-taking views to the south (Beecroft Head) and to the north (Mt Coolangatta and Gerroa). It is one of the best locations along the NSW coast for whale watching from September to November, and dolphin displays year round. The spectacular upper decks, 20 metres above sea level, supplies views out to sea for over 16 kilometres. These decks give extensive coverage to whale, dolphin and shipping activity.
Albatross is one of Australia's award winning beach houses that won first prize for building and architecture in the Shoalhaven and Jervis Bay region in 2010.
Albatross offers luxury accommodation for up to nine people.
It is ideal for large families, as the children can have their own living area, their own TV, and two games rooms, one with a pool-snooker table and a Texas poker card table, the other is set up for table tennis. There is also Wi-Fi available
It is ideal anytime during the year for that week or weekend away.
For swimming, surf conditions can be viewed from the house as you look down on Warrain Beach (a 3 minute walk and patrolled in summer). For children, the north facing Tilbury Cove is 200 metres away and offers shallow, protected swimming and snorkelling conditions.
Albatross has four bedrooms, two with ensuites. Two bedrooms have expansive water views to the south and one is connected to a spectacular, upper deck. The other two bedrooms have balconies that look north, also with water views.
Albatross has two TV rooms, both with DVD players, and one with Foxtel. The study has 180 degrees of water views and a large blue gum desk with Wi-Fi and all the electrical connections for computers and printers, to keep you in touch with the world.
The modern kitchen has a magnetic induction stove, steam-oven, dishwasher and a two temperature wine cabinet; top brand appliances.
After a leisurely day on the sand, you can retire for cocktails in the upper lounge and enjoy ocean vistas.
Watch the glorious red sunsets in the west, and wait until the stars sparkle and dusk settles.
Have a browse through many interesting books supplied for guest use.
Albatross welcomes pets and there is no pet surcharge. Even with the front gate open, there is a newly installed fenced backyard to provide space and security for your dogs. You will be allowed to use two wooden dog kennels provided by the owners. These are to be used and placed outside as you need them.
The property features:
- TVs with DVD players
- Selection of books
- Pool table
- Table tennis
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher
- Coffee machine
- Air conditioning
- Washing machine and dryer
- Outdoor setting and BBQ
- Expansive water views
- Bedroom 1: Queen with en suite
- Bedroom 2: Queen with en suite
- Bedroom 3: Queen
- Bedroom 4: 2 singles
- Upstairs TV room: Single bed
- 200 m to Tilbury Cove
- 300 m to Warrain Beach
- 2.4 km to Caltex petrol station
- 2.6 km to local Woolworths
- 2.8 km to Culburra Bowling Club
Extras available for hire: (subject to availability - request at time of booking)
- Rollaway incl linen - $40/night
- Porta cot incl linen - $10/night (max $30)
- Highchair - $7/night (max $21)
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff. BYO beach towels.
There is a cleaning fee of $200 at this property.
- Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please call us to discuss
- Holiday Rental Specialists may be able to offer you a last minute discount, please call us to discuss
- This property is pet friendly please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets
- If you book you will receive the directions to the property and the access details 1 day prior to your arrival date.
- To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort.
- For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
- Wi-Fi is not guaranteed. This is a service offered as a complimentary extra. As there is no charge for this service we will attempt to fix issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable.
Lovely property and nice views. Overall a nice experience.
Jatin, September 2017
"We had a fabulous time at Albatross for my girls birthday weekend. Its such a big house with so many rooms to relax in and enjoy the beautiful views. Best sleep in a holiday house I have ever had. We spent a lot of time in the beautiful modern and fully supplied kitchen. We could not believe that everything was supplied for our cooking pleasure (we just brought the food.)"
Joy, August 2017
"House position and views are spectacular. Yard was good for our dogs. Great size for our family! Jake was fantastic. Friendly and responsive. It was wonderful!"
Kate, July 2017
"Absolutely brilliant. I felt 20 years younger again. Loved it."
Robbie, June 2017
"We had a great stay, excellent set up for two families. We hope to come back. Thank you."
Sue, September 2016
"Albatross is an outstanding property spectacular setting, lots of comfortable rooms, well-equipped we had everything we needed and had a wonderful time. Thank you."
Susan, September 2016
- Air Conditioning
- Bathroom: 3
- Bath Tub
- Boat Parking
- Pay TV: Basic plus sport
- Child Friendly
- Coffee Machine
- Crockery and Cutlery
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player
- Electric Heating
- Ceiling Fans
- Furniture Outdoor
- Games Room: Texas Poker Table, Table tennis
- Gas Heating
- Gas BBQ
- Iron and Board
- Long-term renters welcome
- Microwave Oven
- Movies Library
- Pantry Basics
- Pets Welcome
- Pool Table
- Multiple TVs
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Access: Downstairs
- Waterfront: Beachfront
- Enclosed Yard