This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
While the railways backdrop of country trains occasionally rumbling by, may not be for everyone, it adds a certain nostalgic feel of days gone by and there is much history associated with the railway siding which you can read all about in the guest compendium at the property. You or some of your guests may even like to consider arriving for your stay by train practically stepping off the platform and a short stones throw onto the front verandah!
This extremely interesting property has seen various upgrades over the years making it a superb and quaint place to stay. It is a classic weatherboard cottage retaining a lot of its original features; high ceilings, internal lining boards and timber flooring, updated (but not new or modern) bath room with separate toilet and electric kitchen. Construction is Western Red Cedar with an iron roof and wide Jarrah and Kauri Pine floor boards. The furnishing and decorating is all very sympathetic and comfortable. The house is warm and cosy in winter.
This is an ideal location to stay at for visiting local wineries, Brigadoon is Bundanoon, Highlands Fling, attending weddings at Montrose Berry Farm, Southern Highlands Winery, Eling Forest, and all the Highlands have to offer including the Glow Worm Glen, Solar Springs, Morton National Park. We are across the road from Exeter Antiques, and Gallery Ecosse, a contemporary art gallery situated in The Halcyon Cottage, circa 1869
The property features:
- 3 x Reverse cycle Daiken air con/heaters
- Slow combustion wood stove and heater
- Separate lounge and dining areas
- 2 x Double bedrooms and walk through one twin room (2 singles)
- Fantastic stable style door in master bedroom great in summer!
- Older style bathroom with bath
- Toilet in laundry
The biggest surprise is out the back a large wood lined shed with polished concrete floors set up as a games room and additional comfortable lounge area. It has a northern wall of glass-sliding doors, creating a beautiful warm sun-trap for breakfast or morning tea and providing a great outlook over a large fully fenced garden and beyond to the beautiful trees of the village as the occasional train rumbles by.
This area includes:
- Slow combustion wood stove and heater
- Barrel bar with bar stools
- Comfortable lounge suites
- Tea and coffee making station
- Mini pool table
- Table tennis, boulles and croquet set
- TV and Stereo (including turntable and an interesting collection of vinyl records)
- Plenty of room to hire our rollaways and linen packs (but note that there is no bathroom out here)
- Bedroom 1: Double bed
- Bedroom 2: Double bed
- Bedroom 3: 2x Singles
- 100 m to Exeter town centre
- 7.1 km to Bundanoon
- 4.4 km to Montrose Berry Farm
- 8.8 km to Southern Highlands Winery
- 9.3 km to Eling Forest WInery
- 7 km to Solar Springs
- 6.3 km to Glow Worm Glen
- 6 km to Sutton Forest
- 19.3 km to Bowral town centre
Extras available for hire: (subject to availability - request at time of booking)
- Rollaway (inc linen) full stay only $40/night
- Portacot (inc linen) full stay only (max $30) $10/night
- Highchair full stay only (max $21) $7/night
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property
All bedding is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7
- This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
- Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please call us to discuss
- Holiday Rental Specialists may be able to offer you a last-minute discount, please call us to discuss
- This property is pet friendly there is a $100 surcharge to have your pet stay please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets
- This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". However, these bookings can only be made by contacting HRS directly - a comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay
- For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
Great location. Easy access to other areas to visit. Thought has gone into the little things like home, couldve stayed longer. Thank you again for letting us stay.
Steve, April 2017
"Great setting. Shed is wonderful. House has a great kitchen set up. Excellent location, would definitely stay again."
Nicci, April 2017
"Lovey cosy cottage with enough space for a big family to spread out. Loved the character of the cottage & furnishings. Great position for easy access to everything in the Southern Highlands."
Melissa, July 2016
"Station Masters Cottageis a step back in time. It has been beautifully decorated with rustic furniture and a working piano. Loved the simplicity. Really relaxed."
Ian, June 2016
"A lovely, quaint cottage."
Kate, March 2016
"Jane and the team at The Holiday Rental Specialists have been fantastic in getting us set up and underway in the rental of our cottage at Exeter. Every detail has been looked after; the booking process, cleaning and presentation of the cottage, monthly statements and payments, and feedback and follow-up have all been first class and has meant it has been an entirely stress-free exercise for us. We're grateful for the highly professional and efficient service we have recieved and look forward to an ongoing successful arrangement with Jane and the team."
Alison & Neil, March 2016
Owners of Station Masters Cottage
"We loved staying at the Station Masters Cottage. It gave us the opportunity to disconnect from the 'busyness' of life and relax. Thanks so much for having us stay. We loved our week here!"
Stanley, January 2016
- Air Conditioning
- Bath Tub
- Child Friendly
- Combustion Fire
- Clothes Dryer
- Games Room
- Garden Area
- Gas BBQ
- Sound System
- Laundry: Washing Machine
- Microwave Oven
- Pets Welcome
- Pool Table
- No Smoking Rooms
- Washing Machine
- Enclosed Yard