This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
Mount Hamilton Cottage is a gorgeous 1920s cottage which used to belong to the neighbouring estate of Mount Hamilton house. Sitting on the higher side of the hill in this exclusive area, it commands a good position overlooking the former estate. It has been lovingly restored, renovated and added to over the years, creating a charming and relaxing place to stay for your Highlands sojourn.
A generous deck surrounds two sides of the house: ideal for morning coffee or an afternoon tea in the sun or a meal or family gathering under the filtered shade of the large established surrounding trees.
Upon entering the cottage be delighted with the original features including wide polished floorboards, internal wood lining, and original fireplace in the kitchen. All which have been combined effortlessly with wool sisal carpets, modern renovated bathrooms and kitchen including Butlers sink, and comfortable furnishings creating a stylish but relaxed feel.
The property features:
- Fully equipped kitchen including 5 burner gas stove top and large oven, dishwasher, large island bench, cosy fireplace
- Large dining table seating 6-8
- Comfortable lounge suites including a double sofa bed
- TV/DVD/iPod dock stereo
- Selection of DVDs/CDs
- Gas central heating throughout
- Master and en suite bathrooms with heated towel rails, hair dryers and bath
- Large wrap around deck with outdoor dining table seating 8-10
- BBQ connected to house gas
- Internal laundry with washer and dryer
- Bedroom 1: King bed withen suite
- Bedroom 2: King bed
- Bedroom 3: 2 king singles
There is an additional double sofa bed in the living room
- 1.3km to Bowral town centre
- 3.3km to Gibraltar Resort
- 3.9km to Craigieburn Peppers Resort
- 4.7km to Centenniel Vineyards
- 4.9km to Mittagong
- 8.8km to Bendooley Estate (Berkelow Books)
- 10.2km to Berrima
- 14.6km to Southern Highlands Winery
- 16km to Sutton Forest
Extras available for hire: (subject to availability - request at time of booking)
- Rollaway (inc linen) full stay only $40/night
- Portacot (inc linen) full stay only (max $30) $10/night
- Highchair full stay only (max $21) $7/night
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7
- This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
- Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please call us to discuss
- Holiday Rental Specialists may be able to offer you a last-minute discount, please call us to discuss
- This property is NOT pet friendly
- This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". However, these bookings can only be made by contacting HRS directly - a comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay
- For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
"We stayed at Mount Hamilton for a family wedding for 3 nights. The cottage is amazing and so tastefully decorated with everything you could need for your stay. The inside fire place was a hit and kept the place nice and warm. The beds were extremely comfortable with plenty of extra blankets If needed. It is just a short stroll to town or a very short drive & only took us 10 minutes to get to Bendooley estate where the wedding was and it was perfect. We had a great time and we would definitely recommend."
Anna, September 2017
"Thank you for such a wonderful stay. The house was fantastic and just as described. Well be back next time we are in the highlands."
Kate, June 2017
"A superb property. Love the leafy aspect of the property. The beds were delightfully comfortable and the fireplace was a rustic touch. I loved this place."
Michael, May 2017
"Excellent place, highly recommend it."
Yoann, April 2017
"Lovely house up the hill from the town centre. Thoughtfully set up with great furnishings and fittings. Super comfortable beds! Generous deck area is child proof. Fitting 6 people perfectly. Recommended."
Karyn, March 2017
"Mount Hamilton Cottage is a beautiful base for your Bowral adventure - perfect for a family or a group of mates, it was a stand-out escape for my birthday weekend with the comfiest beds and a super-functional common area - we only wish we'd had more time at 'home' to enjoy it!"
Zoe January 2017
- Bath Tub
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Child Friendly
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player
- Furniture Outdoor
- Gas BBQ
- Microwave Oven
- Washing Machine
- Enclosed Yard