This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
Set in the village yet surrounded by meadows Mumble Cottage will enchant you with its tranquil country vistas and beautiful garden nooks captured by its numerous picture-frame windows, producing a beautiful light and airy atmosphere inside. No expense has been spared with a mix of new and antique European country-style furnishings that will make it hard to leave Mumble Cottage and easy to return to - When in doubt Mumble.
This is the ideal cottage to retreat to after attending a wedding or to use as your base to explore the Highland's villages including their boutique shops, farmer's markets, cool climate wineries and great coffee spots. There's also antiques, bric-a-brac, and art galleries galore not to mention Burrawang's own General Store and famous Burrawang Pub meals.
The property features:
- Large cathedral ceiling lounge/dining room with slow combustion Nectre wood fire
- Second sitting room hosts the original fireplace
- Chef gourmet/ hamptons style kitchen with double Butler sink, all the conveniences of home and the original open fireplace
- Light filled mezzanine balcony reading nook overlooks the lounge/dining
- 4 comfortable and tranquil bedrooms all with 1000TC sheets and Sheridan towels
- Beautifully renovated bathroom and master en suite - Encaustic tiles with underfloor heating; invigorating Methven Aurajet showers, heat lights and beautiful vistas.
- Bluetooth soundbar
- Fully operational laundry butler sink, washing machine and dryer
- Hydronic central heating for your added comfort in winter
- Feature pergola draped in wisteria with gas BBQ
- Numerous enchanting garden nooks
- Short walk to infamous Burrawang Pub and general store/caf
- Bedroom 1: Queen bed with en suite
- Bedroom 2: Queen bed
- Bedroom 3: Twin bed
- Bedroom 4: Single bed
- 400 m to Burrawang General Store
- 500 m to Burrawang Village Hotel
- 19.2 km to Bowral town centre
- 19.5 km to Southern Highland Wines
- 21.3 km to Sutton Forest
- 21.6 km to Gibraltar Resort
- 22.2 km to Peppers Craigieburn
- 22.9 km to Centennial Vineyards
- 24.7 km to Mittagong
- 26.58 km to Berrima
Extras available for hire: (subject to availability - request at time of booking)
- Rollaway (inc linen) full stay only $40/night
- Portacot (inc linen) full stay only (max $30) $10/night
- Highchair full stay only (max $21) $7/night
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7
- This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
- Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please call us to discuss
- Holiday Rental Specialists may be able to offer you a last-minute discount, please call us to discuss
- This property is NOT pet friendly
- This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". However, these bookings can only be made by contacting HRS directly - a comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay
- For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
Thanks for allowing us to stay at this beautiful property. We had a wonderful time and are very hopeful for a return visit in the future. Beautiful location. No expense spared on amenities.
Ali, October 2017
"Beautiful place with a wonderful outlook and view of everyday Burrawang life. I was pleased with all rooms and was speechless when I walked in. It ticked all our boxes for a perfect wonderful stay. The outdoors were attractive and had good vibes and the house is up to date. Thanks a lot!"
Tilly, July 2017
"We would like to say that the cottage is great. All equipment and bedding was fantastic. Thank you! We appreciated the free wood and all the extra details that were provided."
Jeanette & Ian, April 2017
"Mumble Cottage is very comfortable. We loved our stay!"
Sue, September 2016
"Thanks for having us. A really nice place to spend a few days."
Heide, October 2016
"Mumble Cottage was the prefect house for a girls weekend away in the Southern Highlands."
Jessi, August 2016
- Bath Tub
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Coffee Machine
- Combustion Fire
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player: Bluetooth Soundbar
- Fireplace: 2 x Open Fireplaces
- Furniture Outdoor
- Garden Area
- Gas BBQ
- Microwave Oven
- Washing Machine