This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
One hour south of Sydney in the New South Wales Southern Highlands, you will discover Little Forest. On this historic forty-acre property there are seven enchanting country cottages available for short or long stays. The cottages can be booked individually or all together for private group accommodation. Please use the separate listings to book just one of the cottages or click on request booking here and use the comments section to ask us for a quote for the cottage you are interested in.
THE COTTAGES: The seven self-contained cottages are delightful retreats. Appointed with antique furniture and crockery, fully equipped modern kitchens and bathrooms, outdoor settings, hammocks and barbeques. They are family and pet friendly too.
THE FARM: Enjoyable for young and old. Meet and pat our friendly farm animals and enjoy the propertys bush tracks, which are easy to use on foot or by mountain bike. Bootie and Trumbie the beloved Shetland ponies, found in the top paddock, Augustine and Freda the Alpacas and the Chooks and Geese that free-range around the property. If there are guest dogs, we keep the chooks locked up for their own safety.
HISTORY: Experience where Governor Lachlan Macquarie camped in 1821. Discover Little Forests own long history as a place of inspiration for artists and writers throughout the 20th Century.
THE AREA: Stylish and sophisticated, the Southern Highlands also retains the charm of its colonial past. Little Forest is conveniently located, only minutes from the towns of Bowral and Mittagong with Moss Vale nearby. As are the villages of Berrima, Burrawang, Exeter, Sutton Forest and Robertson. Browse our fabulous boutiques, art galleries, book and antique shops. There are a wonderful variety of restaurants and cafs for you to try. Discover delicious locally grown food at the weekend Farmers Markets or follow a wine trail to sample award-winning cool climate wine.
The property features and bedding configuration:
Little Forest Cottages sleep 43 guests as follows: -
LAVENDER COTTAGE - Sleeps 12 in 4 bedrooms with 3 bathrooms.
-Bedroom 1 upstairs with 1 split king, 1 single bed, ensuite.
-Bedroom 2 - 1 split king
-Bedroom 3 - 1 double and a timber cot
-Bedroom 4 - 1 split king, 3 single beds.
-Additional share bathroom with claw foot bath.
-Wood heater downstairs plus oil heaters in all downstairs bedrooms.
-Reverse cycle air conditioning unit in upstairs bedroom.
-Shares fenced yard with Studio Cottage
STUDIO COTTAGE - Sleeps 6 in 2 bedrooms with 1 bathroom
- Bedroom 1 - Queen bed with ensuite (only bathroom)
- Bedroom 2 - Loft style with 2 singles
- Additional sofa bed available on request with extra linen charge.
- Open fire place and slow combustion wood heater
- Shares fenced yard with Lavender Cottage
ORCHARD COTTAGE - Sleeps 3 in 1 bedroom with 1 bathroom
- Bedroom 1 - 1 split king bed, 1 single bed
- Wood heater downstairs and a reverse cycle air conditioner upstairs.
OATLEY COTTAGE - Sleeps 3 couples or 6 singles in 3 bedrooms with 1 bathroom
- Bedroom 1 - 1split king bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 spilt king bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 split king bed
- Slow combustion wood heater and
- Large fenced yard.
POTTERY COTTAGE - Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms
- Bedroom 1 - Split king with ensuite
-Bedroom 2 - Split king with ensuite
-Wood heater and fenced rear yard
ECO COTTAGE - Sleeps 3 in 1 bedroom with 1 bathroom
- Bedroom 1 - Loft style with 1 Double bed and 1 single day bed
-Electric heater and unfenced
THE ANGAS CARRIAGE- Sleeps maximum of 9 in 7 bedrooms/compartments which can be configured as seating or bedding: -
-6 single compartments, each with fully functional sink and luggage rack for small overnight bag
-1 double with single compartment
- 17.3 km to Bowral town centre
- 17.4 km to Gibraltar Resort
- 18.0 km to Peppers Craigieburn
- 19.4 km to Centennial Vineyards
- 12.1 km to Mittagong
- 24.7 km to Berrima
- 38.9 km to Southern Highlands Wines
- 35.5 km to Sutton Forest
Extras available for hire: (subject to availability - request at time of booking)
- Rollaway incl linen - $40/night
- Porta cot incl linen - $10/night (max $30)
- Highchair - $7/night (max $21)
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
- Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please call us to discuss
- Pricing is for 36 guests
- Holiday Rental Specialists may be able to offer you a last minute discount, please call us to discuss
- If you book you will receive the directions to the property and the access details 1 day prior to your arrival date
- This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". However these bookings can only be made by contacting HRS directly - a comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay
- For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
- Air Conditioning
- Bath Tub
- Child Friendly
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player
- Furniture Outdoor
- Garden Area
- High Chair
- Long-term renters welcome
- Pets Welcome
- Washing Machine