This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
The Gardeners Cottage was, as the name implies, especially built for the gardener residing on this beautiful rural estate. We think you will enjoy the romance of the cottage and its beautiful setting and hopefully go home with a fresh new take on life too!
The Gardeners Cottage is privately situated at the end of a country lane, just 5 km from Burrawang village. Follow the signs along a hedge-lined driveway to find the cottage nestled behind with stunning views from the sunny front porch through the paddocks to the escarpment. Wander around the property at dusk for magnificent sunset views, or venture to nearby Fitzroy Falls for many bush walks.
The cottage is exceptionally well presented, is thermally efficient and has lots of character.
It is well insulated with polished concrete floors that are cool in summer and retain heat in winter. Tank water, an environmental waste system, and low energy appliances all contribute to this propertys green credentials.
The dcor is fun and stylish, including some handmade features such as light shades made from fencing wire from the property. Use of natural products and recycled wood also enhance the ambiance.
Instead of electric blankets, internet and a dishwasher you will find cosy hot water bottles, a wood heater, a Nespresso pod coffee machine, TV with DVD, tranquil spots to sit and walk on the property, a hammock to relax under the trees and free ranging chickens who will oblige with fresh eggs when available.
The property features:
- Fully equipped kitchen including oven/stove, Nespresso pod coffee machine and microwave
- Contemporary, stylish sitting room with slow combustion wood heater
- Cosy tranquil bedroom with robes and hot water bottles
- Covered verandah with rural views to the escarpment
- Outdoor setting with BBQ
- Queen bed with quality cotton linen, warm doonas and plump pillows
- Bathroom including full laundry facilities
- 1 Queen bedroom
- Main bathroom with full laundry
- 5.4 km Burrawang General Store and Village Hotel
- 6.5 km Fitzroy Falls Visitor Information Centre
- 14 km Robertson Cheese Factory
- 20 km Bowral s boutique shopping and wedding venues
- 12 km Mali Brae wedding venue
- 14 km Mount Ashby Winery
Quality linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival.
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by contacting the owners in the homestead on site. Their details will be provided in the Guest Information Folder.
- This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music.
- All properties managed by Holiday Rental Specialists are stocked with basic supplies, please bring your own supplies for your specific requirements.
- Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please call us to discuss
- Holiday Rental Specialists may be able to offer you a last-minute discount, please call us to discuss
- This property is NOT pet friendly as it is a working farm.
- To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort.
- For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists a Licenced Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
Had such a great stay. Thank you for having us. Everything was perfect.
Jessica, May 2017
"Our stay at The Gardener's Cottage in Wildes Meadow was great.
The cottage was new, neat, clean, very cosy and comfortable, had all the facilities we needed for a week away, looked out onto some great country scenery and, best of all, had a slow combustion fire that we ran 24/7 and enjoyed being mesmerised by the flickering flames. It is close to lots of scenic drives, so amusing yourself during the day is easy.
It is located in a lovely scenic spot and when we were there had the added advantage of a paddock full of cows and calves.
When we had a (very) minor request for assistance from the hosts they were there right away to set things right.
Anyone wanting to get away for a quiet, relaxing time this is the spot for you."
Susanna, April 2017
It was a perfect place for a getaway with my husband. Neat and tidy, cosy and had everything we needed and more. Close to all the main towns and still isolated enough to feel refreshing.
Phill & Suzie, April 2017
What a beautiful, cute, comforting place to escape to. We absolutely loved this amazing property and cant wait to come back. We cant fault anything. It was perfect! The owners were also very friendly, lovely, genuine people! Thank you.
Glen, April 2017
Absolutely everything you could want for an escape to the country. Loved the additional surprises of fresh eggs, mushrooms and strawberries! Thank you! We will come again.
Jaclyn, March 2017
Gorgeous property. So peaceful and quaint. So many thoughtful touches. We had an amazing stay and wait to return.
Brennden, March 2017
"We stayed at the Gardeners Cottage at Wildes Meadow for a romantic weekend away. What a hidden treasure! The cottage is tastefully decorated and has everything you need. Sitting outside on the verandah sipping champagne and enjoying the southern highlands views we fell in love with the place. Future stays are a must."
Lou, January 2017
- Coffee Machine
- Crockery and Cutlery
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player
- Garden Area
- Gas BBQ
- iPod Dock
- Iron and Board
- Microwave Oven
- Movies Library
- Pantry Basics
- No Smoking Rooms
- Washing Machine