This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
The Gardeners Cottage was, as the name implies, especially built for the gardener residing on this beautiful rural estate. We think you will enjoy the romance of the cottage and its beautiful setting and hopefully go home with a fresh new take on life too!
The Gardeners Cottage is privately situated at the end of a country lane, just 5 km from Burrawang village. Follow the signs along a hedge-lined driveway to find the cottage nestled behind with stunning views from the sunny front porch through the paddocks to the escarpment. Wander around the property at dusk for magnificent sunset views, or venture to nearby Fitzroy Falls for many bush walks.
The cottage is exceptionally well presented, is thermally efficient and has lots of character.
It is well insulated with polished concrete floors that are cool in summer and retain heat in winter. Tank water, an environmental waste system, and low energy appliances all contribute to this propertys green credentials.
The dcor is fun and stylish, including some handmade features such as light shades made from fencing wire from the property. Use of natural products and recycled wood also enhance the ambiance.
Instead of electric blankets, internet and a dishwasher you will find cosy hot water bottles, a wood heater, a Nespresso pod coffee machine, TV with DVD, tranquil spots to sit and walk on the property, a hammock to relax under the trees and free ranging chickens who will oblige with fresh eggs when available.
Please understand that for safety reasons, we cannot accept bookings with children and pets.
This is a working farm, with cattle in surrounding paddocks and unfenced water hazards. The cottage also has an exposed steel firebox in the living area which poses a significant danger to small children.
The Gardeners Cottage is the perfect property for a romantic getaway for 2.
The property features:
- Fully equipped kitchen including oven/stove, Nespresso pod coffee machine and microwave
- Contemporary, stylish sitting room with slow combustion wood heater
- Cosy tranquil bedroom with robes and hot water bottles
- Covered verandah with rural views to the escarpment
- Outdoor setting with BBQ
- Queen bed with quality cotton linen, warm doonas and plump pillows
- Bathroom including full laundry facilities
- 1 Queen bedroom
- Main bathroom with full laundry
- 5.4 km Burrawang General Store and Village Hotel
- 6.5 km Fitzroy Falls Visitor Information Centre
- 14 km Robertson Cheese Factory
- 20 km Bowral s boutique shopping and wedding venues
- 12 km Mali Brae wedding venue
- 14 km Mount Ashby Winery
Quality linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by contacting the owners in the homestead on site. Their details will be provided in the Guest Information Folder
- This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
- Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please call us to discuss
- Holiday Rental Specialists may be able to offer you a last-minute discount, please call us to discuss
- This property is NOT pet friendly as it is a working farm
- To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort
- For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
"We adored our stay at the Gardeners Cottage. We generally like complete privacy during stays and this is what we got. The house was cute and elegant and had a great kitchen with everything you need to cook a meal. The view was serene. Especially when the cows came to visit each evening! A great place for some down time!"
Janique, October 2017
More beautiful than we ever expected. The photos did not do it justice. Thank you for creating the perfect getaway! Our stay was more than we could have hoped for and the comfort and cosiness of our stay made us never wanting to leave. We will definitely be staying here again. See you soon.
Georgia, September 2017
"Our kids arranged this weekend for us. We had an amazing, relaxing time. The cottage is gorgeous and has everything to make it a homely stay. Thanks for a great weekend."
Angela & Nick, July 2017
"We loved our stay at The Gardeners Cottage. Annie was welcoming when we arrived and had even left us some eggs, yoghurt and a few extra things which was a nice touch. The kitchen was well equipped and the property was homely and had everything we needed for 2 nights, including some extras like blankets, water bottles, robes and gumboots to walk around the property. Our favourite thing was the fire place which made the whole place super cosy for a Winter getaway!"
Scott, June 2017
"Our stay at The Gardener's Cottage in Wildes Meadow was great.
The cottage was new, neat, clean, very cosy and comfortable, had all the facilities we needed for a week away, looked out onto some great country scenery and, best of all, had a slow combustion fire that we ran 24/7 and enjoyed being mesmerised by the flickering flames. It is close to lots of scenic drives, so amusing yourself during the day is easy.
It is located in a lovely scenic spot and when we were there had the added advantage of a paddock full of cows and calves.
When we had a (very) minor request for assistance from the hosts they were there right away to set things right.
Anyone wanting to get away for a quiet, relaxing time this is the spot for you."
Susanna, April 2017
- Coffee Machine
- Crockery and Cutlery
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player
- Garden Area
- Gas BBQ
- iPod Dock
- Iron and Board
- Microwave Oven
- Movies Library
- Pantry Basics
- No Smoking Rooms
- Washing Machine