Tea Tree Hollow is an eco-friendly retreat in Canyonleigh in the Southern Highlands, two hours easy drive from Sydney and 90 minutes from Canberra. Nestled in a valley, surrounded by bush and pastoral land, this new 4-bedroom house provides a relaxing and unique self-catering, private weekend getaway or weeklong holiday. It is ideal for couples, families, or groups of friends wanting rest and rejuvenation in a natural environment. Also, a great destination for overseas visitors wanting to experience the Australian landscape.
Walk carefully along the network of animal paths on this 40-acre unspoilt property, remembering that you are sharing them with kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, goannas and echidnas, while flying overhead are flocks of yellow-tailed black cockatoos, superb wrens, satin bowerbirds and wedge-tailed eagles.
The comfortable interior is furnished in an eclectic bush chic style with interesting hand-made furniture pieces from local wood and upcycled products; however, it is the natural environment which is central to the Tea Tree Hollow experience. You can relax by the meandering stream and in the evening, dine under the stars, clearly visible in the night sky. Enjoy alfresco dining and barbeques in our expansive outdoor kitchen/dining area. Or just relax on the terrace on comfortable pallet lounge, while your dinner is cooking in the wood-fired pizza oven.
Feel like a long soak in a bath? Youll have to go into the garden where the private bathtub complete with hot and cold running water is located, with a view of the bush.
Forget the hustle and bustle of daily life as you meditate in our Japanese Zen Garden, hidden among the tea tree bushes. Or enjoy stretching out on our outdoor purpose-built yoga platform in the bush.
If you are feeling energetic, you and your children can play ball games on the large grassy expanse. A cricket set is provided as well as soccer and basketballs and a netball ring.
- covered entertaining verandah with comfortable hand-fashioned lounge and expansive views of the bush and stream
- expansive outdoor cooking/eating area with dining table seating eight
- hand-crafted clay wood fired pizza oven
- 4-burner gas bbq
- uncovered deck, ideal for viewing stars at night
- no urban lights
- purpose built wooden yoga deck fits four comfortably
- enjoy the Garden of Curiosities, displaying objects found in our area
- lose yourself in the labyrinth, set in the middle of tea tree bushes
- spice up your cooking with fresh herbs from our medieval spiral herb garden
- Large 40 sq metres Japanese raked stone garden.
- outdoor bathtub with hot/cold running water
- daily visits at dusk by a mob of kangaroos as they graze on the meadow can be viewed from the terrace
- all your water is sourced from rainwater collected, filtered and stored on our property
- electricity is solar powered, with gas for cooking and hot water (auto generator backup)
- garden fire pit
- large flat grassy expanse for playing ball games
- short trails and forest walks to be enjoyed without leaving the property
- ideal for bird watchers, artists and writers
- no other houses on the property
- fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and Nespresso coffee machine and basic pantry items
- recycled and repurposed interior decor
- slow combustion wood heater
- hand-crafted queen size beds
- electric blankets
- 1 TV (Foxtel only) and DVD monitor in master bedroom
- books, DVDs, DVD player, music stereo
- board games
- telephone, no Wi-Fi, disconnect and relax
- laundry with washing machine, iron, ironing board and airing rack
- ample parking for cars on the driveway
- bedroom 1, queen, ceiling fan, ensuite
- bedroom 2, queen, ceiling fan
- bedroom 3, double
- bedroom 4, bunk bed (sleeps 2 singles)
- 18 kms and 20 minutes to Historic Marulan, offering three antique shops. (pop. 1,382) established in 1868.
- 18 kms and 20 minutes to Canyonleigh General Store
- 34 kms and 35 minutes to Goulburn restaurants and the Big Merino
- 35 kms and 25 minutes to Cherry Tree Hill Wines at Sutton Forest
- 45 kms and 40 minutes to historic village of Berrima, established 1830
- 47 kms and 45 minutes to Bungonia National Park
- 47 kms and 45 mins to Bowral, largest town and shopping centre in the Highlands
- 90 kms and 1 hour 40 mins to Wombeyan Caves, offering cave walks through the Victoria Arch and Fig Tree Cave
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property
- This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7
- There is no Wi-Fi at this property. There is no free-to air TV. There is Foxtel and DVD
- A spring-fed stream winds through the property. An unfenced dam is situated behind a hill, about 180 metres from the house. Please ensure small children are actively supervised keep watch and keep them within arms reach
- Use the bridge when crossing the stream. Sometimes the stream dries up in parts, but the ground can still be wet and slippery. Its a good rule for everyone to walk, not run, near the stream or dam.
- Use caution around kangaroos and other wild animals no matter how docile and sweet they appear. Eastern grey kangaroos can grow as large as 2.3 metres from head to tail, and weigh up to 95 kilograms.
- Sorry, NO pets due to resident wildlife and neighbouring livestock.
- Strictly NO motorbikes or quad bikes. NO 4-wheel driving or bush bashing through the property.
- Information on local flora and fauna can be found in a folder in the house.
- This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
- Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please send us a message
- To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks/under 21yrs groups and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort
- For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
- This property is proudly managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent - please send a message if youd like to know more about the packages we offer for bookings and property management
- Banqueting: Southern Highlands
- Bath Tub
- Child Friendly
- Covered Outdoor Area
- Crockery and Cutlery
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Ceiling Fans: in bedrooms
- Fireplace: slow combustion
- Furniture Outdoor
- Garden Area
- Gas BBQ
- Iron and Board
- Microwave Oven
- Parking: off-street parking for 3 to 4 cars
- Pizza Oven
- No Smoking Rooms
- Washing Machine