This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
Elouera is an outstanding contemporary Frank Lloyd Wright inspired barn style building consisting of a colorbond clad pavilion with passive solar design features and banks of windows encapsulating magnificent bush views across Morton National Park.
Comfort glass windows, double insulated walls and ceilings, cross flow ventilation and effective thermal mass provided by polished concrete floors help provide an even temperature all year around. Bedrooms are carpeted for comfort. The slow combustion wood heater provides a cosy ambiance and ample warmth in winter. The brand new kitchen has all the mod-cons and the cosy open plan living, dining area provides a central place to come together to enjoy the stunning views to bushland and gorges beyond.
The garden is fully enclosed with pet-safe fencing providing a safe environment for children and pets alike. The garden boasts a huge natural stone paved entertaining area with outdoor table, BBQ and fire pit which makes the most of the magnificent views over the valley. There is a second pavilion on site which is occasionally occupied by the owners. Your pavilion is fully screened with separate parking, entrance, outlook and private outdoor entertaining area.
Guests are free to wander the property which offers 85 acres of fully fenced cattle paddocks with various unfenced dams. The remaining acreage is pristine bush with a running creek through the valley. There are historic riding trails throughout the bush which can be discovered by the keen bushwalker. Wildlife includes wombats, kangaroos, deer, echidnas, rabbits, foxes and numerous bird species including eagles and falcons. Enjoy walks to caves, picnic areas and huge glorious sunsets along with brilliant night sky's for stargazers.
With books, board games, DVDs, and Wifi available there is always something for everyone at this property. If venturing further afield then it is only 8kms to the General Store, 11km to Badgerys Lookout and picnic tables with stunning views and valley walks. 20kms to Sylvan Glen wedding venue in Penrose and 30kms to Bundanoon. We recommend you check out the Fairy Bower Waterfalls, the walks to which start at Gambells Rest Picnic area or Fairy Bower car park, Morton National Park. Fitzroy Falls is also a popular attraction where you can follow a boardwalk along the creek, through restored native bushland, taking you to a lookout perched about 100m above the top of the spectacular falls.
Goulburn is a 30 minute drive down the Hume Highway. It has all the major stores including Coles, Aldi, Woolworths and Kmart, a great selection of cafes and specialty shops, and a large park with childrens play equipment.
Moss vale (30 minute drive), Mittagong and Bowral (40 minute drive) also have some beautiful cafes, all the major stores and specialty stores including homewares. You might want to look up to see if there are any markets on during your stay.
Elouera is also on the doorstep of the Southern Highlands Wine Region which boasts many beautiful vineyards and cellar doors, offering wine tastings, restaurants/cafes and vineyard tours.
The property features:
- Fully equipped and brand new kitchen including dishwasher
- Slow combustion woodheater in open plan kitchen/living/dining room
- Polished concrete floors providing constant temperature, carpets in bedrooms
- Views from almost every room to bushland and gorges beyond
- Pet-safe fencing around garden pets are welcome
- Large private outdoor entertaining area that makes the most of the spectacular views including outdoor table, fire pit and extra seating area
- Books, board games, DVDs, Wifi
- Beautiful paddock and bushland walks including caves, creek, picnic areas and lookouts
- Myriad of abundant wildlife including deer, kangaroos, wombats, echidnas, foxes, rabbits, eagles and falcons
- Binoculars for bird watching (or bring your own)
- High chair and kids table and chairs
- Iron and ironing board
- Pedestal fans for summer
- Bedroom 1 queen
- Bedroom 2 queen
- Bedroom 3 queen
- Bedroom 4 double bed with single bunk over
One large bathroom with shower (no bath) services all bedrooms
- 8.8 km to Tallong General store
- 8.9 km to Tallong Railway Station
- 9.6 km to Badgerys Lookout
- 20.1 km to Sylvan Glen wedding venue
- 23.2 km to restaurants at Penrose
- 24.2 km to Wingello State Forest
- 30 km to Bundanoon
- 64.2 km to Bowral town centre
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
- There is no laundry at this property
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival.
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7.
- This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music.
- All properties managed by us are stocked with basic supplies, please bring your own supplies for your specific requirements.
- Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please send us a message.
- This property is pet friendly there is a surcharge to have your pet stay please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets. There is a water bowl at the property but you will need to bring all other pet supplies. Pets are not allowed on furniture or carpet.
- To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort.
- For your added security, this property is managed by a Licenced Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
- Wifi is not guaranteed. This is a service offered as a complimentary extra. As there is no charge for this service we will attempt to fix issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable.
- Child Friendly
- Coffee Machine
- Combustion Fire
- Crockery and Cutlery
- DVD Player
- Garden Area
- Gas BBQ
- High Chair
- iPod Dock
- Iron and Board
- Long-term renters welcome
- Microwave Oven
- Movies Library
- Pantry Basics
- Parking: Off street
- Pets Welcome
- No Smoking Rooms