This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
Tallwood offers a beautifully decorated log cabin style house with sunny northerly aspect return decking, outdoor spa, slow combustion wood heater and 100 acres of natural bushland including private valley, escarpment and creek to explore. Beautiful walks, picnic spots and even your own private footy field complete with goal posts!
Stunning ceiling to floor retractable glass doors open the living area onto verandahs and welcome the spectacular country surrounds inside. The house is stylish, modern and has been fully renovated for your comfort. Flyscreens, ceiling fans, reverse cycle heating and cooling, underfloor heating in the bathrooms and double-glazed windows all add to your comfort and the slow combustion wood heater provides a wonderful ambiance in the central living area.
With the choice of 100 acres to explore on the property or 30kms of walking trails in the adjoining Penrose State Forest you will love coming home to the heated 6-person outdoor spa on the verandah overlooking the dam. There are beautiful picnic spots in the valley at the creek and unrivalled observation points on top of the escarpments where you can view beautiful sunsets.
Situated 11km from Montrose Berry Farm and 17km from Sylvan Glen, Tallwood also makes great accommodation for guests attending weddings at these and other popular Highland wedding venues. It is well located to enjoy all the Highlands offers including, wineries, day spas, galleries, antiques, horse riding, cafes, restaurants and lots of annual events such as Brigadoon and the Highlands Fling.
Tallwood is ideal for families or 2-3 couples book now to enjoy all this private retreat offers!
The property features:
- Open plan kitchen, dining and living with slow combustion wood heater
- State of the art kitchen with coffee machine, double dish washing drawers, combi steam oven
- Retractable ceiling to floor glass doors opening to return verandahs with optional flyscreens
- Double glazed windows, central r/c air conditioning/heating, under floor heating in the bathrooms, ceiling fans
- Fully equipped laundry
- Austar, mobile coverage and internet
- Plenty of bushwalking on your own private 100 acres including escarpments, valleys and creek with lovely picnic spot
- Easy access to 30kms of walking trails in the Penrose State Forest
- Only 5kms to Bundanoon and 7kms to Exeter
- Unfenced house dam within metres of the house
- Master King with en suite, tv, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 3 King
- Bedroom 2 Twin (2 singles) with free to air tv and dvd
- 250 meters to Penrose State Forest
- 2.3 kms to Shibumi Equestrian Centre
- 3.9 km to St Maurs Winery
- 5.6 km to Bundanoon Railway Station
- 5.9 km to Solar Springs, Bundanoon
- 5.9 km to Sallys Corner Winery
- 6.4 km to Banjos Run Winery
- 6.6 km to Bundanoon
- 7.7 km to Exeter General Store
- 8.2 km to Bundanoon Village
- 9.2 km to Riverview lookout & walking trails
- 9.5 km to Glow-worm Glen
- 10.4 km to Sutton Forest Pub
- 11.7 km to Montrose Berry Farm
- 12.9 km to Sunnataram Buddhist Monastery
- 14 km to Southern Highland Wines
- 17.1 km to Sylvan Glen
- 25.6 km to Bowral
- 149 km to Sydney
- 153 km to Canberra
Extras available for hire: (subject to availability - request at time of booking)
Portacot (inc linen) full stay only (max $30) $10/night
Highchair full stay only (max $21) $7/night
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff. Please BYO pool towels for the hot tub.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
- There is an unfenced house dam within metres of the house please supervise children at all times
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
- This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
- Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please send us a message
- This property is NOT pet friendly
- For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
- WiFi is not guaranteed. This is a service offered as a complimentary extra. As there is no charge for this service we will attempt to fix issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable
- This property is proudly managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent - please send a message if you'd like to know more about the packages we offer for bookings and property management
Great kitchen amenities. The spa was an added bonus!
Tom, July 2017
We stay at properties on a regular basis. Tallwood has exceeded our expectations. It was such a pleasure to stay here and everything that we needed was available for us. Thank you for sharing your home with us.
Milly, July 2017
- Air Conditioning
- Central Heating
- Child Friendly
- Coffee Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player
- Ceiling Fans
- Gas BBQ
- Hot Tub
- Iron and Board
- Long-term renters welcome
- Microwave Oven
- No Smoking Rooms
- Washing Machine