This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
Accommodation with a difference!! Enjoy the charm of yesteryear in this fully refurbished C1911 Angas Carriage set on 40 acres in Alpine, just 15 minutes drive from Mittagong and 25 minutes from Train works, the Rail and Train Museum at Thirlmere.
The property features:
The Carriage is fully insulated and features: -
- Kitchen including 2 burner gas top, convection/microwave oven with exhaust fan, bar fridge, sink, cutlery, china for 9. Cooking utensils, fry pan, pots etc.
- Pantry down opposite end of carriage in Conductors cabin with iron and small ironing board.
- 2 dining tables seating 8
- 3 bench seats seating 9
- 83cm Plasma TV with built in DVD.
- Reverse cycle air conditioning.
- 1 bathroom including shower (instantaneous gas), basin, toilet, heated towel rail.
- Additional toilet at opposite end of carriage.
- 2 outdoor settings, seating for 8 at each, with BBQ
- Entrance/exit by 2 steel sets of stairs at either end of the carriage with external lighting
For additional sleeping and a full kitchen and laundry why not also book one of the cottages also on site at Little Forest Cottages. You can view these (The Pottery Cottage, The Studio Cottage, Oatley Cottage, Lavender Cottage, The Eco Cottage, Orchard Cottage) on separate listings on this website - just enter Little Forest in the search box and they will all come up.
Sleeps maximum of 9 in 7 bedrooms/compartments which can be configured as seating or bedding: -
- 6 single compartments, each with fully functional sink and luggage rack for small overnight bag
- 1 double with single compartment (no sink)
Each compartment has 2x3 pin power sockets.
- 2.4 km to Colo Vale General Store
- 12.6 km to Mittagong
- 17km to Bowral town centre
- 17.2 km to Bradman Museum & International Cricket Hall of Fame
- 17.9 km to Gibraltar Hotel
- 18.5 km to Peppers Craigieburn
- 19.3 km to Centennial Vineyards
- 27 km to Train works, Train Museum
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7
- This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
- Please remove shoes on entrance to Angas to preserve the original timber flooring
- Sorry we are NOT pet friendly
- Tariff is for the first 4 guests only. Additional charge of $25/adult/night for additional adults and no extra charge for children under 12
- Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please call us to discuss
- Holiday Rental Specialists may be able to offer you a last-minute discount, please call us to discuss
- This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". However, these bookings can only be made by contacting HRS directly - a comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay
- For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
"A lot of fun for a young family! AMAZING."
Lauren, April 2016
"The train carriage was awesome! The restoration and attention to detail was incredible. The Kids loved having their own rooms. It was an experience we wont forget and we will definitely be back soon. Highlands Holidays communication was excellent."
Mark, April 2014
"A wonderful experience in Angas Carriage as the noise of the other trains passing made a realistic atmosphere. We enjoyed our comfortable stay in Angas while exploring the surroundings. We loved the animals. Highlands Holidays were very professional and friendly. Thank you, we will be back!"
Robyn, November 2013
- Air Conditioning
- Picnic BBQ
- Child Friendly
- Coffee Machine
- DVD Player
- Microwave Oven
- No Smoking Rooms