This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
Lavender Cottage is in a rural setting nestled on 40 acres of formal gardens and bush, overlooking a central lake and gazebo with 5 other cottages of historical note dotted around. (Book together or separately - see full listing for Little Forest Cottages or individual listings for Oatley Cottage, The Pottery Cottage, The Studio Cottage, Orchard Cottage and Eco Cottage). The Little Forest Cottages are located 17km from Bowral town centre.
Lavender Cottage sleeps 12 on beds. It is appointed with delightful antique furniture and crockery, a deep claw-foot bath and cosy, slow combustion wood heater with ample supplies of firewood. It has a comfortable outdoor setting, hammocks and barbecue on a wide entertaining deck. The kitchen is fully equipped and includes dishwasher, full size gas top stove, large fridge, and pantry.
The children will enjoy the tree house and swings. Enjoy the bush tracks around the property on foot or by mountain bike. Astronomers, bring a telescope along to view the amazing night sky.
Little Forest's rural setting and unique historical buildings are available for hire as a location for photography or film shoots.
The property features:
- Chefs kitchen
- Electric stove
- Gas hob
- Slow combustion wood heater
- Reverse cycle air-con upstairs
- Master Suite Upstairs: 1 king bed (king splittable), 1 single bed, 1 en suite
- Bedroom 2: 1 king bed (king splittable), 3 single beds, 1 en suite
- Bedroom 3: 1 king bed (king splittable)
- Bedroom 4: 1 queen bed, 1 wooden cot
- Share bathroom with claw foot bath
- 2.4 km to Colo Vale General Store
- 12.6 km to Mittagong
- 17km to Bowral town centre
- 17.2 km to Bradman Museum & International Cricket Hall of Fame
- 17.9 km to Gibraltar Hotel
- 18.5 km to Peppers Craigieburn
- 19.3 km to Centennial Vineyards
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7
- This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
- Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please call us to discuss
- Holiday Rental Specialists may be able to offer you a last-minute discount, please call us to discuss
- This property is pet friendly there is a $100 surcharge to have your pet stay please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets
- This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". However, these bookings can only be made by contacting HRS directly - a comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay
- For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
Fabulous weekend away, beautiful grounds, wondrous for kids to discover the fairy door. Plenty of adventures on the trails. Friendly and knowledgeable care taker.
Nicole, September 2016
"Cottages and grounds are very comfortable"
Joy, March 2016
"Amazing! Everyone complimented the surrounding/grounds. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast on the veradah, so much beauty! Loved every moment."
Cassandra, October 2014
"Lovely place for a big family. Beautiful surroundings."
Franklin, September 2014
"This experience is one of the most amazing farm-stay places you will encounter. They have thought of everything to make your stay a home away from home destination, suitable for either cosy families or large groups. They welcome you warmly and have a "nothing is too much trouble" attitude. We will be back! We loved it!"
Peter, July 2014
- Air Conditioning
- Bath Tub
- Picnic BBQ
- Bedrooms: Four bedrooms and 3 bathrooms
- CD Player
- Child Friendly
- Combustion Fire
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Electric Heating
- Ceiling Fans
- Microwave Oven
- Pets Welcome
- Big Screen TV