On A Hill is a modern country homestead set on 22 acres amidst sheep and cattle grazing country near the heritage listed town of Braidwood in the Southern Tablelands of NSW. It is a sustainable holiday home built in 2016 entirely off the grid and without compromise to quality, luxury and aesthetics.
There is a spring fed dam on the property and a grove of bushland attracting kangaroos, wombats, an abundance of native birds as well as the occasional fox, deer and other wildlife.
The property has been designed to allow up to 3 families to experience a country escape together, with a large communal living space, 3 king bedrooms and a fantastic bunk room with 2 bunk beds and 2 trundles sleeping up to 6 people (note the trundles are shorter and only suitable for children up to 12 yrs).
The polished concrete floor provides a stunning base for the expansive open plan living area. The kitchen cast iron wood fired boiler and cooker is supplemented by a gas oven and cooktop for use in warmer months. The insulated qualities of the construction and glazing means that On A Hill stays warm in the winter and cool in the summer, making it the ideal family holiday destination at any time of the year.
Rest assured that our guest information folder at the property will tell you all the ins and outs regarding the solar power, tank water and hydronic and underfloor heating. There is a backup generator that automatically kicks in if required. The pure local rain water is filtered to ensure top quality drinking water at all times and your year around comfort is assured with underfloor and central hydronic heating powered by a traditional Esse wood fired boiler and cooker. There is also a slow combustion fire, ceiling fans, extraction fans, mod-cons such as dishwasher, microwave, washing machine and condenser clothes dryer all powered sustainably.
The property is also pet friendly, has an enclosed yard with a dog kennel for your pooch meaning the whole family is welcome to holiday at On A Hill! (just check the Pet Clause in the terms & conditions).
The property features:
- large living, dining, kitchen and entertaining areas
- fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher, coffee machine and wood fired oven and stove, gas oven and stove top, microwave oven
- outdoor dining area
- expansive rural views
- freestanding stone bath with window views
- underfloor and central heating
- combustion fire
- ceiling fans
- outdoor dining
- Weber gas BBQ
- court yard fire pit
- child friendly including baby cot
- pets welcome enclosed yard and kennel
- washing machine and condenser clothes dryer
- wall mount TV with DVD player and sound bar
- good mobile phone / data reception
- master bedroom: king, ensuite, ceiling fan, radiator, rural views
- bedroom 2: king, ceiling fan, radiator
- bedroom 3: 2 bunk beds sleeping 4 plus 2 trundles sleeping 2 (children only)
- bedroom 4: king, ceiling fan, radiator
- single day bed in living area
- 13.6 kms to Braidwood
- 14.4 kms to IGA Braidwood
- 14.7 kms to Tallaganda Service Station
- 30.3 kms to Half Moon Winery
- 37.5 kms to Mongo National Park
- 73 kms to Batemans Bay
- 95 kms to Canberra Airport
- 98 kms to Goulburn
- 180 kms to Bowral
- 250 kms to Sydney
Things to do:
- Explore Braidwood a historic town listed on the NSW State Heritage register in 2007. Renowned for old fashioned service, it is where you can get homemade burgers, boiled lollies, handcrafted items, toys, models and works by popular local artists and craftspeople.
- There are galleries, craft, antiques, gift shops and plenty of options for fine food.
- Braidwood farmers market is held monthly at the National Theatre
- Braidwood golf club and swimming pool
- Short drive to Araluen, Majors Creek, Mongarlow, Nerriga, Budawang Mountains and the Deua National Park.
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff. If you are day tripping to the coast or swimming locally, you will need to bring your own beach towels.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
- This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
- Extras available for hire include rollaway beds, porta-cots and highchairs. Send us a message to check availability and cost
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7
- This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
- Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please send us a message
- This property is pet friendly there is a surcharge to have your pet stay please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets
- To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks/under 21yrs groups and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort
- For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
- This property is proudly managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent - please send a message if youd like to know more about the packages we offer for bookings and property management
- Ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning
- Banqueting: Braidwood and surrounds
- Bath Tub
- Central Heating
- Child Friendly
- Coffee Machine
- Crockery and Cutlery
- Dining Room
- Dog Kennel
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player
- Ceiling Fans: all rooms
- Floor Heating
- Furniture Outdoor
- Garden Area
- Gas BBQ
- High Chair
- Iron and Board
- Microwave Oven
- Pantry Basics
- Parking: 6 cars
- Pets Welcome
- No Smoking Rooms
- Views: rural views
- Washing Machine