Dunkarein is a comfortably appointed holiday home for you, your family and friends to relax in and enjoy. It is located in the beachside village of Currarong surrounded by the Jervis Bay Marine Park.
Dunkarein comfortably accommodates 6 but can sleep up to 8 people if including the 2 single day beds in the downstairs living area. The main bedroom is upstairs along with an open plan kitchen dining and lounge area with TV and stereo and also a bathroom with shower and toilet. The living area leads out onto the upstairs wrap around deck through bi fold glass doors. Enjoy alfresco dining whether cooking in the kitchen or out on the gas barbeque.
Bedroom 2 and 3 have queen sized beds and are located downstairs, there are 2 single day beds in the living area making the property able to accommodate 8 if required however note that the dining and lounge areas will only seat 6. There is also a bathroom and a laundry downstairs.
Note that there is no internal access between the floors
Dunkarein is tastefully decorated and is a holiday home for all seasons.
The kitchen is light and airy and is well equipped with a refrigerator, dishwasher, electric cooktop, oven, microwave and lots of kitchen accessories. The laundry has a washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board.
A portable/travel cot is available and kept in the main bedroom wardrobe
We have a selection of board games, DVD's and books for you to enjoy, all the things that you don't have time for at home.
It is only a short 5 minute walk to the water's edge and to the shop to pick up the morning paper. The local tennis courts and skate park are also only a short walk away.
It's the simple things that make Currarong so special, taking a bottle of wine and a cheese platter to the grassy foreshore to watch the sun go down after a day of swimming, fishing, dolphin and whale watching or exploring. Or take the short drive to the southern side of Beecroft Peninsular to see Point Perpendicular, Honeymoon Bay and Target Beach.
Currarong now boasts a first class, newly installed public boat ramp for those bringing a boat and Dunkarein has plenty of off street parking.
Stand up paddle boards can now be hired locally.
A visit to Currarong wouldn't be complete without enjoying a seafood meal at Zac's Place. It's local, it's fresh and now located in a new stunning venue. The local bowling club also has a Chinese restaurant.
The property features:
- washing machine and dryer
- TV and DVD
- electric heater
- gas bbq
- queen bed
- queen bed
- queen bed
- 600m to tennis courts
- 600m to Bosom beach
- 630m to Zacs restaurant / cafe
- 750m to beach
- 780m to Abrahams Bosom reserve
- 1km to Abraham Bosoms walking track
- 8km to Honeymoon Bay
Linen Service available to book. All beds will be freshly made for your arrival. The service includes sheets, pillowcases, bath towels, bath mats and hand towels. If you only require the linen service for a certain number of beds and not the entire property, please contact our bookings team for a quote.
If you don’t book the linen service, then you will need to bring your own sheets and towels. There are pillows, blankets and quilts with covers on the beds. BYO beach towels
There is a cleaning fee at this property.
- This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
- Extras available for hire include porta-cots and highchairs. Send us a message to check availability and cost
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7
- This property is approved for accommodation only. No mattresses, tents, caravans or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed. The guest limits apply at all times during the booking. Any extra guests (this includes day visitors) above those that have been booked and paid for must be approved in writing prior to the stay
- Only the guests staying at the property are permitted to be present. If you wish to have visitors in addition to booked guests, you must advise us in writing prior to your stay and ensure you receive written permission. This is not possible at all properties. If you or any other guest receives a warning regarding excess noise or excess guests, you may be asked to leave the property IMMEDIATELY with no refund of monies. Noise audible outside the property is prohibited between 10pm and 8am
- Under no circumstances are the following activities permitted at any of our properties: motorbikes, dirt bikes, quad bikes, use of firearms or air rifles, fireworks
- Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please send us a message
- This property is NOT pet friendly
- This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". However, these bookings can only be made by contacting HRS directly - a comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay
- WiFi is not provided at Dunkarein
- For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
- This property is proudly managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent - please send a message if you’d like to know more about the packages we offer for bookings and property management
“We had a wonderful time and we were very comfortable. The property was equipped with everything that we required, and the directions were easy to follow and access was easy too. We have stayed in Currarong before and love the area.”
Ben, December 2017
- Banqueting: Jervis Bay, Shoalhaven and surround
- Child Friendly
- Dining Room
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player
- Fireplace: wood combustion
- Garden Area
- Gas BBQ
- Microwave Oven
- Parking: off-street parking for 4 cars
- No Smoking Rooms
- Washing Machine