Casa del mar is an original beach cottage 200 metres from the popular rock pools and Abrahams Bosom beach in the small township of Currarong on the south coast of NSW.
In booking this property you must be aware that this is an old original 4 bedroom home, care is taken to provide a clean and comfortable environment.
The fully equipped renovated kitchen has dishwasher, microwave, fridge, coffee machine and electric cooktop or enjoy your meal being cooked on the gas bbq outside and listening to the waves crashing on the beach. This is also the perfect spot to sit and relax after a day exploring the area, fishing, swimming, surfing or whatever it is you like to do. If you are lucky you may see kangaroos in the back garden.
Casa del mar provides 4 bedrooms accommodating up to 10. There is two queen rooms plus two rooms with doubles and singles. Great for family accommodation. The kitchen dining area is open plan flowing out to a games room with pool table and lounge chairs.
There is a second laundry located outside, has washing machine as well as second shower and toilet
Located a mostly flat walk home from the club and a completely flat walk to and from the beach.
One of the best things about Currarong is that it is still a sleepy fishing village. Despite being only 2 1/2 hrs drive from Sydney, the town hasn't been overdeveloped and has a very relaxed feel. Another great thing is its beautiful pristine beaches. In town is legendary "Zac’s" Restaurant where you won't find any fresher seafood. It is one of the few places on the Australian east coast where you can see the sunset over the ocean whilst relaxing on the beach. It has great bush walking, including to the wreck of the SS Merimbula and Gasangs tunnel – a tunnel through the rock coming out in the middle of a cliff face.
Jervis Bay is only a 10 minute drive with another 6 beaches accessible including the divine Honeymoon Bay. You will be spoilt for choice and you can always find a beach protected from the wind. You can spend the day exploring the many rock pools or bush walk on Beecroft headland. It is a fishing paradise, with the tubes (retired military turbo tubes),one of only two places in the world you can fish for marlin and other big game fish from the land being only 20 minutes drive away. It is also a top spot for surfing and renowned rock climbing which are popular sports in the area.
The property features:
- 2 TV’s
- pedestal fans
- washing machine
- pool table
- double bed plus single bed
- double bed plus 1 set single bunks
- queen bed
- queen bed
- 200m to rock pools
- 205m to tennis courts
- 300m to zacs restaurant
- 360m to Abrahams Bosom reserve
- 940m to bowling club
Linen Service available to book. All beds will be freshly made for your arrival. The service includes sheets, pillowcases, bath towels, bath mats and hand towels. If you only require the linen service for a certain number of beds and not the entire property, please contact our bookings team for a quote.
If you don’t book the linen service, then you will need to bring your own sheets and towels. There are pillows, blankets and quilts with covers on the beds. BYO beach towel
There is a cleaning fee at this property.
- This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
- Extras available for hire include rollaway beds, porta-cots and highchairs. Send us a message to check availability and cost
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7
- This property is approved for accommodation only. No mattresses, tents, caravans or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed. The guest limits apply at all times during the booking. Any extra guests (this includes day visitors) above those that have been booked and paid for must be approved in writing prior to the stay
- Only the guests staying at the property are permitted to be present. If you wish to have visitors in addition to booked guests, you must advise us in writing prior to your stay and ensure you receive written permission. This is not possible at all properties. If you or any other guest receives a warning regarding excess noise or excess guests, you may be asked to leave the property IMMEDIATELY with no refund of monies. Noise audible outside the property is prohibited between 10pm and 8am
- Under no circumstances are the following activities permitted at any of our properties: motorbikes, dirt bikes, quad bikes, use of firearms or air rifles, fireworks
- Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please send us a message
- This property is NOT pet friendly
- This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". However, these bookings can only be made by contacting HRS directly - a comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay
- WiFi is not available at Casa del mar
- For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
- This property is proudly managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent - please send a message if you’d like to know more about the packages we offer for bookings and property management
- Banqueting: Jervis Bay, Shoalhaven and surrounds
- Bath Tub
- Boat Parking
- CD Player
- Child Friendly
- Coffee Machine
- Covered Outdoor Area
- Crockery and Cutlery
- Dining Room
- Ceiling Fans: bedrooms
- Furniture Outdoor
- Games Room
- Garden Area
- Gas BBQ
- Microwave Oven
- Parking: off-street parking for 4 cars
- Pool Table
- No Smoking Rooms
- Washing Machine
- Enclosed Yard