This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
York Cottage, built around 1936, was originally a grand gate house for a larger property. Since being subdivided it still retains 2 acres of beautiful, landscaped gardens overlooking glorious farming pastures framed with rolling green hills behind. The house features the Tudor Rose architectural motif, William Morris decor and amazing period features such as decorative doors, high ceilings, original wood panelling, intricate friezes and an impressive slow-combustion fireplace. All this and only a 5-minute drive to Bowral CBD and 10-minute drive to Centennial Vineyards.
The garden features a tennis court, croquet lawn, a pond, a miniature railway, small orchard, pavilion, peaceful nooks and beautiful rural views.
The Great Southern Railway line runs by the house, making it a train spotter's paradise. The occasional passage of the XPT and a few rambling freight trains add excitement and an air of romance to the country atmosphere.
The property features:
- Slow combustion fireplace/reverse cycle heating
- Dishwasher, microwave, washing machine, dryer
- Indoor and outdoor dining for 10-12
- Large spacious bedrooms
- Beautiful conservatory style dining
- Heritage living room with period features
- Bedroom 1: King bed
- Bedroom 2: Queen bed
- Bedroom 3: Queen bed
- Bedroom 4: 4 x single beds
- Bedroom 5: Queen bed
- 3.8 km to Bowral town centre
- 6.1 km to Gibraltar Hotel
- 6.7 km to Peppers Craigieburn
- 7.3 km to Centennial Vineyards
- 12.1 km to Bendooley Estate
- 12.3 km to Mittagong
- 12.7 km to Southern Highland Winery
- 13.8 km to Berrima
- 24.2 km to Sutton Forest
Extras available for hire: (subject to availability - request at time of booking)
- Rollaway incl linen - $40/night
- Porta cot incl linen - $10/night (max $30)
- Highchair - $7/night (max $21)
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival.
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7.
- This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music.
- All properties managed by Holiday Rental Specialists are stocked with basic supplies, please bring your own supplies for your specific requirements.
- Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please call us to discuss
- Holiday Rental Specialists may be able to offer you a last-minute discount, please call us to discuss
- This property is NOT pet friendly
- This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". However, these bookings can only be made by contacting HRS directly - a comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay.
- For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists a Licenced Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
Thanks heaps we loved it.
Melinda, August 2016
We rented York Cottage for two nights as we had a family wedding in Bowral. It was fabulous to feel comfortable with the space in the house and to be able to walk around the grounds it was wonderful as a family group to feel like we were in our own family homes. We would like to have been able to stay longer.
Deborah, August 2016
A beautiful stay at York Cottage, the property was peaceful and relaxing. The kids loved the trains. A very big thankyou to the staff at Holiday Rental Specialists, each time I rang to speak with someone the staff were friendly and extremely helpful.
Karen, August 2016
Tess, July 2016
The property has charm and character. We enjoyed our stay and all of the home comforts the house offers especially the open fire!
Kellie, July 2016
- Bath Tub
- Central Heating
- Child Friendly
- Combustion Fire
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player
- Garden Area
- Gas BBQ
- iPod Dock
- Microwave Oven
- Tennis Court
- Washing Machine