This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
Welcome to Aylmerton House C1870! From the moment you drive through the wrought iron gates and sweep past the fountain on the circular drive up to the front door you will feel this grand lady's presence. Or perhaps take the sandstone path through the Camellia arches past the partier and the cottage to the cosy back end of the house. Either way, this property will surprise and delight you at every turn.
The period home stands on 5 acres of lawns and gardens including partier gardens, veggie patches, bocce court, large grassy areas, rose gardens, hedges, trees all shades of Autumn, dam with fountain, playhouse, courtyards - shady and sunny and covered verandas. There is a nook for each season and every occasion.
The property consists of the main residence (5 bedrooms sleeping 10 with 2 bathrooms) plus a cottage (1 bedroom sleeping 2 with 1 bathroom and kitchen) and a garden room (1 bedroom, sleeping a further 2).
Please understand that if you wish to book the cottage and/or the garden room, this is at an additional cost. Please message us to receive an accurate quote.
Living areas comprise the grand formal dining room with table to seat 14 and a massive open fireplace. The kitchen is fully equipped and offers another cosy open fireplace with copper pots and central marble island bench top. A great place to cook up a storm for your dinner party. Across the massive hallway is a drawing room with open fireplace, relaxing sofas at one end and beautiful card/games table at the other. At the end of the hallway is a large casual sitting room with TV, comfortable sofas and occasional chairs and slow combustion wood heater, opening out onto a warm sunny courtyard with outdoor furniture and BBQ. Covered walkways take you to the Cottage and Garden Room offering another small living area and kitchen along with additional sleeping quarters and a bathroom which comes at an extra cost. Please enquire within your request.
The formal end of the house is deliciously cool in summer and there is central heating as well as 3 fireplaces in winter.
The property features:
- Gorgeous garden areas
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Central heating
- 3 open fireplaces
- Courtyard with outdoor furniture and BBQ
- Bedroom 1: Queen with en suite
- Bedroom 2: King
- Bedroom 3: Queen
- Bedroom 4: Queen
- Bedroom 5: 2 singles
- King 1 bathroom and second kitchen
- 2 singles
- 10 km to Bowral town centre
- 11.2 km to Gibraltar Hotel
- 11.8 km to Peppers Craigieburn
- 12 km to Centennial Vineyards
- 6 km to Mittagong
- 19.3 km to Berrima
- 24.7 km to Southern Highlands Wines
- 21.6 km to Sutton Forest
- 100 km to Sydney
- 180 km to Canberra
Extras available for hire: (subject to availability - request at time of booking)
- Rollaway (inc linen) full stay only $40/night
- Portacot (inc linen) full stay only (max $30) $10/night
- Highchair full stay only (max $21) $7/night
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7
- This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
- Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please call us to discuss
- Holiday Rental Specialists may be able to offer you a last-minute discount, please call us to discuss
- This property is NOT pet friendly
- This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". However, these bookings can only be made by contacting HRS directly - a comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay
- For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
What a wonderful place. Perfect for a getaway with friends or family. Very easy drive from Sydney and close to Bowral. Highly recommend to anyone. Very comfortable, spacious and warm for winter with fires.
Rashelle, July 2017
"Beautifully furnished, country sheik house. The beds are so comfortable and the gardens are amazing. Would recommend to anyone wanting the perfect getaway!"
Nicole, April 2017
"The house is beautiful. The gardens are just divine. Fabulous for a big group. Gorgeous interior and very comfortable. Would definitely come again."
Charlotte, November 2016
"Our party of twelve had an exceptional weekend, the house is grand and lived up to every one of our expectations."
John, November 2016
"Fantastic property. Comfortable, warm and inviting."
Reinaldo, June 2016
"Aylmerton House is an absolutely stunning 1870s house. We were all wowed when we arrived on our first night and just moved from room to room completely mesmerised, taking in the style and intricate details of the house. Highlands Holidays had turned the heating on for us so it was warm when we arrived, which was a lovely touch. We woke up the next morning to the beautiful views of the surrounding 5 acres of land. All the bedrooms are decorated beautifully and the beds are very comfortable. The house is massive and even with a large group of us we had plenty of room. Although the oven is on the small side (NB: there is another kitchen in the cottage and also a BBQ), the kitchen has everything you need to cater for a large party including Le Cruset cookware and a Royal Doulton dinner. We spent our afternoons relaxing in the drawing room eating cake and drinking tea and taking walks around the grounds (we joked that we felt like part of the aristocracy!). Our evenings were spent dinning in the exquisite candle lit dining room, in front of the open fire. For those who enjoy mod-cons there is also a huge flat screen TV in the living room. On the few occasions that we were able to drag ourselves away from the comfort of the house, we enjoyed some of the nearby wineries and quaint villages. We loved our stay and we would recommend this property to anyone wanting a relaxing weekend away in complete comfort and style. The only trouble is that on our next weekend away it is going to be hard to find a property that lives up to Aylmerton House!"
Kelly, June 2014
- Combustion Fire
- Dining Room
- Clothes Dryer
- Garden Area
- Microwave Oven
- Washing Machine